Friday, July 13, 2007

more pix...

a few more images from the last week or so...



here's Shelly, one of our lovely host sisters from Armenia. if she'd had her way, we would have spent the entire two and half weeks watching her on the monkey bars.



Mitchell, Rachel, Clare, Kyle, me and Eric on Caye Caulker. we had one day to go exploring before heading out to our Community Based Training sites. this is us on the pier waiting for the water taxi to take us back to Belize City.



...and on the retaining wall where we'd spent some time sunbathing. can you believe there are actually two PC volunteers stationed here? so unfair! alas, no one from our training group will be so lucky. :(

3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh my! The color of that water!! I'm drooling - though I still love Mediterranean blue the best. :)

Dad said...

People I tell that you're in the Peace Corps in Belize say "Oh Wow!" Pictures like two of these will make them feel certain that the PC is some kind of two year vacation> <((-:} I got your letter today - ten days from the date you wrote it.

Janice said...

Ok, I am getting jelous. I forget are you on vacation!!! The area is wonderful. Your host family looks wonderful. The food looks wonderful. I know its going to be hard work, but what the heck!
Janice