Sunday, July 15, 2007

wireless!

i just discovered there's a wireless network out there for me! apparently someone around my house has one, and it ain't password protected. this could be dangerous...

so, it's picture time!



here's my first host family, in their kitchen in Armenia. L-R: Cesar, Ronny, Shelly, Dora, Lizette, Maira. this is where all the action takes place. Lizette and Shelly are the daughters, and Ronny and Maira are their cousins, who came from Guatemala to live with the family. Ronny goes to school and Maira helps Dora out around the house and running the store.



Dora taught Rachel and I to make flour tortillas on the stovetop. first try, and they came out beautifully!



our first glance of the Peace Corps office in Belmopan, from the window of an old school bus. ain't it grand?

3 comments:

Mom said...

Wireless. Excellent! I DO like seeing these photos.

Armenia seems a strange name for a town. Are there Armenian refugees there?

Catherine, Catherine, Catherine! "Rachel and me," please!

I'm ready to learn how to make those tortillas, unless you won't teach me just to get back at me for my previous outburst...

Janice said...

Hooking on to wireless! I can't belive you would do that, but glad you did that is excellent. The pictures are great how log to upload. I am really getting jealous.
Janice

Glenj2004 said...

Well if you have wirless my dear, we sure have missed hearing from you! Stinker, you must be busy!